Loans at Ardboe Credit Union Limited
The two most important things about a loan are, being able to borrow the money and being able to repay it. At Ardboe Credit Union Limited we encourage you to manage your money carefully by structuring loans around your needs and your ability to repay. Establish a good savings record by saving regularly so as to build up security for your loan.
Our primary loan market is small to medium sized personal loans, typically between £100 and £23,000. Typical loan purposes are:
- Home purchase, improvements and repairs
- Motor Vehicles and Motor Expenses
- Holidays and Travel
- Medical, Health and Funeral Expenses
- Occasions (Christmas, Communions, Confirmations & Weddings)
- Electrical and White Goods
- Educational and Student Loans
We currently offer the following loan rate:-
- Standard – interest rate 12.68% (APR 12.9%)
Life’s constant changes demand that you have financial flexibility, and there is no easier easy to get that flexibility than with a Personal Loan from Ardboe credit union. Our low cost loans are designed to be flexible to help you maintain adequate cash flow throughout the year. Compare the real cost of a credit union loan with that of other financial institutions, take into account our advantages, and we think that you will agree that you are better off talking to Ardboe credit union.
Click on any section below to expand view
Why borrow from Ardboe credit union:
- No hidden or additional costs
- No set up or documentation fees
- Interest is paid on the reducing loan balance basis. This means small interest payments as you repay your loan.
- Repayments can be tailored to suit your particular circumstances
- Flexible repayments – no penalty for paying off your loan early
- Your loan is protected under our loan protection life policy at no extra cost
- Easy application process and speedy decisions
Loan protection cover is a life assurance benefit designed to clear the outstanding loan balance upon the death of a member. With loan protection insurance the loan balances of all eligible members are automatically covered, up to certain limits. This means that members can borrow in the full confidence that their dependents will not be obliged to repay the outstanding loan balance in the event of their death.
Other financial institutions charge a separate insurance premium on top of loan repayments for this service. Should a member with an outstanding loan balance die, the loan balance is repaid in full, subject to certain cover limits that may apply.
A member is eligible for loan protection cover if:
- They can carry out the normal duties of their occupation and are in good health
- Are Aged between 16 and 85
Members meet the eligibility requirements of any of the insured classes
- Working members
- Retired members
- Other members
In some circumstances a declaration of health may be required.
Only one member shall be insured in respect of any one loan. In the case of a joint account, cover applies only to the borrowing member whose signature appears first on the credit agreement. There is no direct cost to the member as the loan protection premium is borne as an operational expense by Ardboe Credit Union.
Terms & Conditions Apply
* All figures given on this web site are for your general information only, and give a rough guide to loan repayments. Any statements on this web site do not purport to be authoritative or legally binding. Whilst every care has been made in the production of this information, it is for illustrative purposes only and to give you an overview of the potential cost of borrowing at Ardboe Credit Union Limited. It does not constitute a loan offer. You are advised to check with our offices for up-to-date rates and offers.
This document is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing and does not constitute an offer of finance or repayments.